Monday, April 14, 2014

Charity is the Pure Love of Christ 4/7/14

Well, my predictions of the ward collapsing were semi-true because Wednesday before corso di geneologia the Relief Society President wanted to talk to me and ended up sobbing on my shoulder and told me that our Bishop is getting released (not by his wantings) next week, and she was telling me all her fears of our fragile little ward thats barely holding together by the seems. She actually told me that a lot of the Preisthood leaders here are not worthy which actally really does scare me. She and I and sweet V fasted together for peace and for our Stake President to be inspired in the new call. 

Ive actally meditated on the situation a lot and felt really okay about it. I think the ward is struggling, no lies about that, and that a fresh new Bishop who supports the missionaries and missionary work can be the best thing possible! It really could be. The Anziani that I work with here are awesome too, they really love the people here and work so well with sisters. Both Anziano G and D have sisters and love them thank goodness. 

Conference seemed to come right when I needed it. Ah, it was beautiful. Me and the other sisters watched it together downstairs in the church in English we were able to watch it all except for Sunday Afternoon because it hadnt come yet here I hope well watch it together this week! Speriamo bene. Holland on Saturday morning hit home for me! He is so rad. Love that guy. You know the story of the two sister missionaries that got spat on with food? That was what I needed to hear. Lately, people have been so rude to me. Ive had responses like "Im sorry for you, truly sorry for you" or "get away from me. I know what your doing and I dont like it and I dont like you. I dont respect your cause so get away." FOR REALS! FOR REALS. I just bare my testimony and it gets all ripped up, itd be easier if I had a companion to back me up and understand me. But my greenie V doesnt understand a word that they say so its all to me. Holland mentioned a time or two about how people have created Jesus to be "picking merrigolds" a soft Jesus, a comfortable Jesus. I see that every single day when I talk to people, theyve created the comfortable soft Jesus, after mans image not Gods. When he said those words I just said "so true!". It helped strengthen my testimony and just kinda helped me realize again that the life of a true disciple isnt always easy, but its abundant and full of all the richness the gospel has to offer. And Im happy for that.

Also really loved Hales. I loved what he said about our obedience it was so powerful. He said something like "why do we willingly choose to disobey Gods commandments when we know the consequences of sin? it is because we love Satan more than God." or something or rather. SHOOT! Since Ive been in here I have literally felt the powers of Satan around me, he is strong and he is real. I know that for a fact. (If he wasnt so real he wouldnt be working so hard to destroy Gods church here right). Lets just say, I dont love Satan. Lets leave it at that. You all know that I love my Heavenly Father more that anything. I know He lives and loves us and has a plan of happiness for all of His children individually. Thats why Im here, its no vacation although its beautiful. Thats why Im here! I want to help others find the happiness I got inside me and the happiness in my fellow believers. MAN! I just gotta be better obedient.

Mmm, yeah. loved President Monsons words of charity, and Sister Oscarson in the womens meeting she said that we need to seek not only to love others more but to love others better. Love is the essence of this gospel, charity is always my favorite. Always!

Anyway. Enough of my thought rampages! Sorry. Uhh. Yes, the works good. Its coming along, coming along. N and D are preparing for baptism! Its coming a long but its not going to be easy to get them there. Satans real guys! ha. So I would like to ask you all to help me. Will you guys pray for me? Pray for my ward and for my investigators D (her kids too) and N. I need it, we all need it.

Im happy. Tired. Exhausted. Yet, all summed up Im satified. 

I love you all tremendously it hurts.

Sorella Jobella

this is S, my investigator and her cousin F whos a member. S is the ultimate italian donna who just cooks all day. she always slaps my buns when i leave and tells me to watch out for italian boys, i always call her mama S and she loves it. this is a picture of her dad, proprio italiano. and this is her cooking with her yummy riccotta buisness, she fattens me up quite nicely




sorella andersens last night good bye pizza dinner in grazianos camper




this is S's daughter C who loves me so much she cried when I leave. every time she begs her mother to let her go to church even thought her mom has work.


where is C's hand? innocently cute. I love her with all my heart.


the anzianis april fools prank they taped up "le suore" on our citofono meaning "the nuns" with a cross. Good one guys.


non siamo le suore angry italian girl face on the V i love it i for reals cant do it.


going to visit b, a member in the ward whos handycap. we went to go meet his sister and she turned out to be not interested but the dog made it all worth it.



us and the youth after conference




we got the new sister sorella oc and shes from southern california and has good taste in music FRESHHHHH AIRRRR!!! God does love me, Yes shes awesome. Were STLs together. I dont know why Pres put two in one house.


hahaha soccer..... these kids are like maybe 4-6 years old and eat a little too much pizza





1 comment:

  1. Love hearing of your adventures Audrey! We will pray for your success!
    Love you much!

    ReplyDelete