Monday, April 14, 2014

I'm Happy To Be a Mormon 3/31/14

Yeah, well this week is not even... I just cant. Just two seconds ago I looked at Sorella V and said "how can we put this week into a letter?" and she just laughed.

Tuesday we had two sisters down from C and we did a splitz and hit the city with geneolgy for a few hours. We knocked every door of each member to personally invite them. We tried launching the geneology class Wednesday night and it actually had somewhat of success. The lesson was a little weird but I think that it can actually go somewhere.

Oh yeah, Tuesday night we had huge success in our corse dinglese, some how the Lords just been able to bless me with the spirit lately. After corso we shared our spiritual thought and closed with a prayer and NO one moved. It was so weird they were all just staring at me and finally we had like 10 people crowded around me asking me what it is that I have.. one person yelled "the spirit" another person yelled "a light!" another yelled "truth". WHAT!? V just looked at me in unbelief. So im keeping my fingers crossed well be able to talk and teach our students (the anzianis students) soon.

TRANSFER CALLS- only Sorella A is leaving. 

Our ward is falling apart, I kinda new it was struggling but it hit its worst point yesterday. All the leaders are breaking down, I dont know why. Bishop, Stake President, and Relief Society President. I have explained a million times that I am here to serve them and to help them and they just dont respond. Its like they are refusing the help. Yesterday we went to the RF pres house and we talked, were good friends. And she just loaded all the problems on me and then when I asked what I could do to help she just said nothing. Last night I came home and just sobbed my eyes out. It breaks my heart, I love it here and some of the members are the best that Ive met but they are lacking faith. Im afraid like next week they will go Apostate and Bishop will announce he is done and leave and the ward wont exist anymore.

There have been countless times this week where Ive just prayed whole heart and sould to Heavenly Father asking how I can help the ward and the work of the salvation of souls. I have never been so humble, yet I have never been so aware of my capabillities. Just Sunday they called me up with 2 minutes heads up to do a talk in Italian and I did it, and did it well! I was shocked at my own skill. And I dont think Im doing a half bad job training either, oh yeah. I also got called to be an STL so Ill be working with President and the Zone Leaders a lot more and doing splitz with other sisters in the Zone now. Ive never wanted more to just help others spiritually, and ive never been so capable, and ts never been so hard.

On the bright side we are now teaching D, whos from Australia and she has 2 kids 14 and 19. D is coming to church and wants to be baptized. Just this morning we had a lesson with her and the C's and it was the most powerful-spiritual lesson Ive ever had. She will be baptized soon, I know it. Also we are now teaching a girl named N whos 16 in the ward whos parents are both members but her dad is active and her mom is anti so she wont let her get baptized. BUT she comes every Sunday and wants to be baptized. So weve set a goal to help her get baptized and how to work with her mom. 

You guys, Ive never been so exhausted in my life. Im SO exhausted. Ive never worked so hard physically or mentally, emotionally, or spiritually in my entire life. I look at myself and Ive got holes in all my clothes and phsyically im worn. The mission here just does weird stuff to your body, you know? Ive never been so humble, and so weak, and so tired. Yet Ive never been so strong in my entire life, I know my strength, and I know that my strength lies in the Lord. I feel a happiness within me that I have never felt. Its strong and its deep! I can truly testify that I love my Savoir and I know that He lives and that He loves us all. Im so happy to have a personal relationship with my father. Im happy to be a Mormon.  

I love you all,

Sorella Jobella

No comments:

Post a Comment