Riding a bike makes me happier times 100. No more waiting for buses, getting hasteled by Jehovahs witnesses on the street, or getting stuck on the other side of town on Sunday! OHH! Its fantastic! And as much as I love my M, it gives us a little space from each other instead of walking side by side. PLUS I get the wind in my hair (its finally long enough). So great.
So many awesome things happened this week. Three big ones in particular for me were:
1. We had a real scambie. Sorella M headed up to Rome for two days for the cappie confrence because shes an STL or whatever. So Sorella Mik came up to stay with me for those two days and let me tell you - we had a BLAST! Sorella Mik is one of the funniest sisters I have ever met. Shes borderline kooked with this crazy poodly hair and glasses that REALLY magnify her eyes huge. Also, she cant ride a bike (for reals!). So basically I was just laughing for 48 hours straight. At the end of that scambie, my stomach hurt.
2. R had her baptisimal interview and made it! It is now officially official and she is ready. And by some miracle shes stopped smoking for about two weeks now and still going strong. Ive seen a huge change in her just these past few weeks. Shes brighter and happier! Her eyes just sparkle. Shes such a cute girl. Her baptism is on this Saturday, so we are just praying and working hard with her and gathering up the finishing touches to get everything perfect for her.
3. My English Class is in love with me, and its really awesome. My class has somehow involved into a class of 10 12 year olds haha. At the end they just all crowd around me and hug me and tell me Im so beautiful haha! Italian kids, theres non like them. Theres two girls, L and G who are in my class and I met with them this week to talk about the gospel. They ate it up. "Its so much better than Catachism!" thats what they tell me... ahaha. Turns out, they both are reading the Book of Mormon and are praying. I cant believe it! Saturday G called me and said "Potete pranzare con noi domani?" UHHH YES!. So yesterday, Sunday. G came to church with us and
after we went and had pranzo with her entire family and taught them the first lesson and they took it really well and want us over to eat again. I walked out of their house pinching myself if it was reality. L and G and so cute, always hugging and kissing me and playing with my hair and telling me Im beautiful (s o Italian!) the food was more than exceptional, they company was superb, and the spirit was strong.
All in all-Im stoked.
Oh, and 4. F FINALLY came to church. One of our African investigators. That is a miracle in itself.
All is well. Should be a good week with R baptism, a Halloween party for my English corse, and Sorella M's birthday. Sono contenta.
And last night I dreamt in Italian.
I love you all.
Sorella Jobella
some Italian folk dancers at night
the biggest grapes youve ever seen 50 cents a kilo from the grape man
thats us with luana and giorgia and her little sis, N
No comments:
Post a Comment