Sunday, November 17, 2013

I Love Food, I Love Gelato, & I Love My Bicycle (Week 32)

I dont even know if it is possible to put this week into words. So much in so little time. The most frustrating, stressful moments... And the absolute best and most rewarding. Mama mia la mia vita e troppo.

Tuesday night I got a call from Sorella Mik in half tears/ half yelling at me, telling me that they had a cockroach
infestation that they were everywhere and that she needed help! haha. As an act of love, Sorella M and I left our work for a night and headed down there so she and Sorella P could go out and work and Sorella Mik and I cleaned dead cockroaches for 4 hours. Im not going to lie, it was a lot of fun. I seriously havent laughed so hard in my entire life.

M turned 22 on Friday. It was so hard for me to make it a special day for her because I live with her! So I talked to the Anziani in our district and we scavanged up some money together to buy her a jacket she really wanted.

Friday morning I get ready super fast and went into our spare room and started getting creative! I make 22 love you notes and posted them all over the wall and I make a banner out of notebook paper. Then I dressed up like a genie and made a little magical lamp (like in Aladdin) that had "I am your magical genie you now have 3 wishes"
writen on the back. So I turned on "A whole new world" harp music from Elie C and put the lamp on a scarf layed out like a flying carpet and had her come in the room and I popped out genie style. We had a good day! She used those wishes wisely (there was a lot of gelato).

Oh yeah, I threw a Halloween party for corso dInglese. It was a good time. My district made ME in charge of it because aparently Im the only one whose thrown a party? Come on kids. Madonna! But I did it. There was a lot of aranciata and a lot of good laughs.

Saturday was R's day! She was so exited and so cute about her baptism. I cant believe it actually happened and that M and I helped her get there! Ill admit, it was a little tough. But so worth it! The spirit was so so strong that night, the ward is so exited to have her as a member now too. And so are we. So are we.

Camunque, I am high as a kite. The Anziani in my district here always make fun of me and tell me that Im bouncing on the clouds, but now Im starting to believe them! I think I really am bouncing on the clouds. I love Italy, I love Italians (still questioning God why he didnt make me Italian), I love food, I love gelato, I LOVE MY BICYCLE! I love my family, I love my companion.I love this gospel, I love this work! I can do anything good. Right?

I love you all,
Sorella Jobella

1. Scambie
2. Halloween
3. The district (men in black, some nerd, zombie, tiger lilly, cat)





4. M's birthday genie
5. Some locals
6. the baptism






fun fact: dielects

Did you know that every place in southern italy has their own dielect.
like napolitano or foggiano. Its so weird. Foggiano sounds like French
mixed with Italain. The reason for this was that southern Italy is
super disireable and its a penninsula so back when there was kingdoms
it would get taken over time and time again by different places, so
theres like crazy weird influences of arabic, french, germa,
spanish... just an fun fact

No comments:

Post a Comment