Sunday, November 17, 2013

"Gettin People's Souls Fresh in Jesus" (Week 30)

I just read everyones emails and I feel as though my head is spinning. I really cant wrap my head around the fact that Blake's a married man, and Natalie is going to be an African! But really, Im so happy.

I had my fifth moon in Italy!

Also, we got a new Anziano here in the area. Anziano M. Hes Canadian, and speaks Italian real good. Also, his mom in from Hong Kong and his dad is Scottish. Pretty great huh? I hear he makes good fried rice over at the Anzianis place. We live across the street from the church and the Anziani live behind the church and there are 6 of us so we see each other A LOT. Like every day (bleh). It was a big deal to get a new Anziano over here.

We basically lost all of our investigators here. ALL. Actually. Sorella M and I just like realized this and kept asking "shoot, are we doing something wrong here?". Well unexpectedly, last week, we were given an investigator from the Anziani (for reasons you can probably figure). Her name is R. Shes 22, and BEAUTIFUL Italian girl, so cute, so nice, so fun. Shes been investigating for a year or so and shes got a baptisimal date for the 30th. Shes finally ready! But heres the deal, shes been struggling with not smoking.

So here we are! Its the strangest situation. We got R with a baptism for next week, and we hardly know her. If this gets pulled off, itll be a miracle. Only with help from above on this one. Tally-ho!

Also, Sorella M and I got permission to get bikes. This morning we bought some cheap ones with big baskets on the front! haha. Seriously people ask us if we are nuns anyway, this probably wont help. But 1. The bums on the bus wont freak me out 2. The Jehovahs witnesses wont stop me every 5 seconds on the street and 3. Itll be SO SO nice to get some wind in my hair. I love a nice bike ride.

OH! Its M's birthday on the 1st of November so if you send a little birthday card in the mail she would LOVE IT! Even if she doesnt know you. (We also need soup recipes for this fall/winter. Its cold here.)

Highlight of the week was when we met with a less active, C. Shes a Nigerian. And she was talking to me and said, "Sistah, I want to get my soul fresh in Jesus!". Thats what Im doing over here, getting peoples souls fresh in Jesus.

ciao tutti
Sorella J






Thats rafaela in the top picture between us. Shes the cutest! That day
we all learned how to make fresh pasta together.

& the new district in here

No comments:

Post a Comment