Thursday, September 12, 2013

(Week 24)

Our district without Anziano J has been over ruled by Italian domination. Our two Italian Anziani run the show now and I have to idea what is going on. All the rest of us are relatively fresh in the mission and American. We have a huge problem in church - we dont have a good translator for the Africans! Ahh. We have about 20 Africans that come with no good translator. Its a bit of a pickle.

I didnt have any incredible experiences with our investigators this week. But I did with a member. Her name is S, shes a convert and about 28 or 29, with two beautiful kids real close in age about 1 and 2 1/2. She and I have always had a really special connection ever since I first arrived here. For some reason, we just click. Its real weird. But so cool. Anyway, we had a lesson with her last night and it was beautiful. We talked about sacrifice and repentance. At the end of the lesson she just cried and held my hand. She told me straight up
that she needed me. Specifically ME. Ive never been told that before. Not once.

As always, every week has its adventures. Theres this old couple, R and M. We see them all the time and the without fail ALWAYS talk about food. Classic Italians. We were talking about food and whatnot outside their door and all the sudden I heard some groovy music. I kinda freaked out. I followed my ear and realized it was coming from right next door! M looked me in the eyes and said "ahh, ti piace la musica?" I gave her big eyes and nodded my head - YES! She smiled and took my hand and lead me through the door and lead me down a serious of long white steps. I didnt quite know what to do. I just looked at my companion and gave her the "I DONT KNOW!" face. Sorella M just shrugged her shoulders, laughed, and we followed M. SO. We were in "the grotto". Its where all the students of the local conservatory hang out and make music. It was great. We got a free concert to a guitar, accordian, a flute and some vocals. They had a ukulele hanging on the wall. I litterally had to clench my fist and take a deep breath not to play that cute little thing! haha. It felt like home. Same for Sorella M. Music deprived music majors. We got invited back! For a hang out the following week for a 3 course pranzo and music for free! haha. Ive never felt so apostate in my entire life.

Speakin of pranzo. We have had pranzo appointments with the members up the wazoo lately and I am gaining. Do you realize what they are doing to me?

1. Its 5 courses
2. Its question-reality good
3. They load and load and load it on your plate and you must eat it
4. Im a lost cause.

Last night we had English course. Its such a hit! We had 55 students last night. I have my own class of 13 and theyre all so so great. I love them so much. Theyre all into it and love that Im from LA. I have 5 students that are all the "cool dudes" in their mid - late 20s. Then I got a middle aged man and woman and 7 kids about the age of 12. They like to giggle.

Last night Sorella M. and I got so exited for P-Day that we decided to make lumpy richard and do a "moroccan" themed photo shoot. We seriously died laughing! THIS GIRL IS GREAT!

I am eating this mission up. Every second of it.

your girl in Italy,
Sorella Jobella


2. Too much time in church
3. Slla M's english class




1 comment:

  1. that nose shot driven by chapel boredom is an instant missionary classic!

    ReplyDelete