Monday, September 30, 2013

Blessings (Week 25)

Ive gone too far. I used the budee. And I liked it.

I don't know whats been going on lately, but somehow some way the work has just been plopped in our laps.

A few weeks ago, I had this moment that I felt like our efforts have gone in vain. We haven't had any investigators in church for some reason and our investigators just wont commit and progress. Ive been fasting and praying that we would at least have an investigator in church.

Friday night an African member from Nigeria P., gave us a call. "Sistahs" he said "I got sumbodeh for you". P's got a friend who's young girl from Nigeria, has a husband, and just had a little baby two weeks ago - and SHE wants to come to church. I couldn't believe my ears. I was so over whelmed with gratitude that my prayers had been answered. I just got on my knees and thanked Him.

Thats not the only referral we recieved. We got two more the next day.

One is from Poland, A. She met a member, G, in our ward and they talked about religion a little bit. She says she wants to read our Book of Mormon.

The other, has a cousin in America who gave her a Book of Mormon and shes already read passed 2 Nephi and loves it. We called her yesterday to see if we could come today, we talked a little the Book of Mormon over the phone. "Ive read the Catholic Bible and this one is just different, its more pure!". Again. Couldnt believe my ears.

Every SINGLE day this week we have been stopped or the door has been opened. Its like all the sudden they are coming to us.

Sunday night we were trying to find a less active who lives close to our place. We couldnt find her door so we knocked on a random door to ask. A man opened it and he didnt know if the woman we were looking for, but I asked if we could share a spiritual thought and he let us in. His name is L. L took us into the living room where his wife was, shes really really sick. She looked like a skeleton. It was so sad. Anyway, we shared Alma 7:11-13 about the Atonement of Christ. The spirit was so strong. As I bore my testimony the tears could not be witheld. I just told them what I knew to be true. Luigi was tearing up too, I knew he knew it too. He told us to come back.

Monday I was walking down the street and this old man saw me and said "What are you? Who are you!? And what do you have for me to read?" UGHHH. My jaw hit the floor. So I placed a Book of Mormon in his hands and we exchanged numbers.

Yesterday on our way to the bus stop I saw this old man, G, sitting reading a book outisde his shop. I simply walked up to him and outstretched my hand and said "Ciao, Io sono Sorella Jobella. Ti piace a leggere?". Turns out, he really did like to read. He took us into his shop and showed us his bookshelves full of religious books. Islam, Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism. I told him we had just the book for him and placed a Book of Mormon in his hands. "Ill read it!" he said. We explained the book, prayed, and headed out. As I got on the bus and sat down I looked out the window and there was G in his chair outside his shop READING THE BOOK OF MORMON. I had to pinch myself.

I think that the Lord is just really aware of me and my Sorell in this town right now or something.

Also, Ive been blessed with this language. This week my tongue has been loosed. Every single day this week someone has told me I speak Italian well. I understand just about everything. Blessings. Blessings blessings blessings.

Ready for this weeks adventure story? Well its always when we are out finding for some reason. Last Thursday, Sorella M and I were out doing the work and we heard music. Its always the music!!!! Of course being the musical girls we are, we followed it. Come to find out it was one of those Catholic bands coming down the street. It was a processional! My first processional! They had a catholic band in front walking down the street followed by about 20 nuns, then 20 preists, then they had a huge statue of Jesus Christ suffering on the cross (not my favorite) on wheels! They were wheeling a statue of Jesus on the cross down the street. Once the band stopped playing they had the nuns and preists chanting their prayers through a loud speaker. After they passed about 200 Catholics followed them. (Here is a YouTube video of a random processional, for those who don't know what it looks like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIzQYLh0pCo).

I think I went into culture shock.

The weathers changed. Im cold. Its rainy and windy. I have allergies. Its so nice.


Happy Birthday Bennett! I was thinking of you on your day! And I hope you got my little letter for you.


I love you guys.

Sorella Jobella




No comments:

Post a Comment