Monday, September 30, 2013

I Got the Fire (Week 26)

Another week where everything has just been clicking. The language, my sweet little companion M, our investigators. I have reached a new level of happiness I never knew I could reach. Its incredible. I got the fire.

So, Saturday morning I went with P. to the camp. The bus to get there was really full, and really NOT Italian. It was... African. Our investigators, S and F live in an abandoned camp behind the camp (we arnt allowed inside the camp). They live in one room with little cockroaches and it smells like rice. It was hard to fit me, my companion, P, F, S and their baby, all in that tiny room. Once we got in there we just talked with them and got to know them. They are great people, beautiful people. God fearing, and kind, and sincere. I love it.

We taught them about the Restoration and it went well. Its hard to teach in English, I dont like it. But hey! Che ma fa? The spirit was so strong in that small, stinky little room. They could feel it. And they said that they would pray to know, and when they know, theyll prepare for baptism. Awesome.

I actually did  get inside the camp for just one moment to get on the bus. I love Africans so much. Theyre so humble, and kind, and they are soul-full and love God. I just wanted to reach up my hands holding the Book of Mormon and just start preaching and preaching! I knew that I would have crowds in a second. But... alas, I couldnt. My companion had to hold me back.

On the bus ride back to Centrale I got to talk with P a little bit and get to know him. P is from Nigeria. Hes got the darkest skin, but he just GLOWS. There is no other way to describe the way he looks, its really like hes glowing. He told me a little bit about his family in Nigeria, about how he joined the church 11 months ago, and about how he got here. He like many of the Africans risk their lives to come here. Two years ago P was in Lybia for two years. He said every night he had to sleep with his shoes on so he could run if he had to. He said many other things that just blew my mind about Lybia and all that (Ill never be the same after my mission). He is just proof that no matter what you go through, you are never too far from the light of the gospel.

We saw A again. She prayed. She knows its true. And she knows this is the way, but she doest want a date for baptism. "55 years Ive gone down this street. Two months ago I found this book. I dont know if I can go down this street just yet." In the words of my father "BALOGNIE ON ICE!". Ever heard of Alma the younger? Ever heard of Sorella Jobella? I believe in instantaneous change. She will get there.

Im kind of so amazed at the fact that Italian is finally here with me. Im really on fire with it! I love it. I love language study. Did you all here that? I LOVE LANGUAGE STUDY. Its true. Miracles to happen.

Sorella M and I are best of friends. I love her. We are such a team, and we teach with such unity.

I dont know if I can get my words out to say how I feel. But to say it simply, Im happy. Like really happy.

Thank you so much for the letters I got this week. They were THE biggest help to me. I love my family. Thanks guys.

I love you all,

Sorella Jobella

pictures:
the happening place here -the markets
the veggies
the nuts and fish
Me and the peperoncini man, solo un euro








1 comment:

  1. I LOVE reading Sorella Jobella's blog, and yes she does have the Fire. Loved her stories and the photos and how she is being blessed! All our love to her and the family!

    ReplyDelete