Thursday, September 12, 2013

Lizard Land (Week 19)

Thank you all for your letters and for your emails. I really appreciate them and love them so much. You dont know how much those things mean to me. Pure gold. Thanks everyone.

Well, this may have been one of the craziest weeks of my life! Slightly maddening. And extremely strenuous. Every single night I come home and every part of my body aches! ha. Oh man. I change into PJs and sit on my bed and suddenly Im laying down and I cant get up Im so exhausted. The heat here is unreal hot. Its like... well... I dont know. I call it lizard land. Hope that explains it. Ive never sweat so much in my life. Sometimes I feel like Im going to get heat stroke haaha.

I had a scambi with the Sorelle of Bari. It was fun! It was nice. The Sorelle in Bari are in 4. And I was with Sorella G who was in the MTC with me. She grew up speakin Spanish so she speaks Italian effortlessly. It was cool to be with her. And Bari was a really really cool city. Its right on the sea and its got kind of a Southern California vibe except the roads are made of cobblestone. ha.

Saturday night we had a mostra which is where we have these posters of the Book of Mormon and of the Family and such and we just talk to people on the street. Umm, I truly truly loved it! It was so great. Strangely, people listened to me AND I got a few numbers from people who wanted to learn more. PARTY!

Then we had Zone Conf in Bari.

My companion is awesome. Were tight already. 

So basically we have to start from scratch right? When we opened in Napoli, I had a trainer that spoke perfect Italian, and Branch president to help us out, and really sweet Anziani that gave us a little bit of their Area Book and their *investigators. Here we got niente. NOTHING! Like for reals nothing and its way hard. We have been seeing some members and finding to fill our time. And I would like to proudly announce that as of last night - we have an investigator. Her name is V, she lives by us. We found her doing casa in casa and Im pretty sure she just lets us in because she thinks were cute American girls. Seriously this woman hugs and kisses us so much and just says "OHHH QUANTO SIETE BELLE!!!" which means kinda like "how beautiful you all are!" shes great. Well see how things go.

I wont lie, all this is way tough. In fact, its the toughest thing Ive ever done. and I just have this fire inside me, this passion to just kick this in the shorts! I want to talk to EVERYONE and buzz every door. Alas, my Italian is weak. But I can get my point across. Its improving slowly, I can tell a difference in just one week. It really helps that we have 2 Italian Anziani too. OH they are soooooo Italian it kills me.

I love you all so much.

Sorella Jobella

1. These are our Anziani today for PDay they made us horse meat. Yeah,
I ate it. Italians are funny.
2. We found our favorite Gelato place in town and its dang goood DANG
GOOD! It puts me in a coma everytime. This flavor is lemon sorbet with
vanilla... My cute companion.
3. This is the definition of my mission. Yes, they really do believe
in the horse shoe thingy giving them good luck. And the Virgin and the
Child is EVERYWHERE. And yes, Im crazy.










* "Investigators" are people who are interesting in learning more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment