So I am currently in an internet shop with my companion Sorella Mi. and two other sisters here Sorella B. and Sorella Mik. My companion has been called as one of the "Sister Training Leader"s with Sorella B. and they are going up to Rome together today and Ill be with Sorella Mi. here till tomorrow night.
Let me tell you all about my new place and my new situation in my new area.
Ill start off with my new companion. Her name - Sorella Mi.
- Shes from Utah
- Shes real pretty and blonde and real tall! Shes like an inch taller than me! We stick out like sore thumbs. Everyone can tell we are Americans. i know thtat because people litterally say "ciao america" to us.
- Shes 21
- SHES A MUSIC MAJOR LIKE ME! She plays piano brilliantly.
- Shes only been out one more transfer than me...
All in all, shes fantastic, I fell in love with her the second I met with her. Shes just really down to earth and laid back, but a hard worker and firm in the faith. I love it. Yesterday we walked miles and miles trying to get things for our new apartment and at the end of the day i was washing my grimey dirty callused feet and she was like "Sorell, I wanna massage your feet" hahaha. I laughed so hard I showed her my feet and I was like "Sorell, even I dont want to touch my feet theyre distusting look!" and I showed them how nasty they were and she just laughed and insisted on it! So uhh... my companion massaged my feet last night. Can we talk about quality bonding time? hahahah So great. Lots of good laughs already.
My new area is hot and flat. When i say hot, its kind of an understatement. Its inferno. Its DEATHLY hot. Heat stroke worthy! haha. Like a lot of Italian cities its mixed with kind-of-modern and really old things. Its pretty here. I like it. The people arnt as friendly as they were in Napoli. When I got off the train here and met the ward I wasnt
hugged and squeezed and kissed like I was in Napoli. But the ward here is great. Its big! And there are lots of Africans which is good. I LOVE THEM. All the people from Africa are incredible. Friendly, funny, kind, and super spiritual.
We have a nice new apartment. And one room has AC. BLESSINGS HAPPEN!
The other night Sorella M. and I were planning on the porch and I felt like I was in a movie. There was an accordian player sitting on the street making music for money. The Catholic church bells were ringing and there was a huge soccer game going on. Vespas going by on the street. The air was warm. It was so crazy, so surreal. There are many moments like that here in Italy.
Our district is different. We have 6 missionaries. All of them are new except one, Anziano J. who has been here for only a transfer. 2 of the Anziani are from Northern Italy and are VERY Italian. Just real strong Italian characteristics. I wont lie, I miss the familyness of the district in Napoli with the our branch leaders. But I guess this is what the real mission is like.
Opening is hard. Its so stinkin HARD! My companion is a little shy, so its really me. Im the one talking to people and getting in their houses and its way hard. My Italian isnt good. I can communicate but I cant say everything that I want. As of today we have two investigators, thats it. Just two old ladies that probably let us in because they think were cute American girls. Well see how it goes.
Its taking some time to get our feet on the ground and goin. Im working hard. I really am. Hopefully it will pay off, and well see things happen.
And its absolutely KILLING me that you all are going backpacking. Send
me lots of pictures! I love you all.
XOXO
Sorella Jobella
p.s. sorry for no pictures! next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment