Thursday, September 12, 2013

CIAO! (Week 20)

Alllllright pals. This weeks been a winner!

One. Id like to say that Im 100 % ruined with food. NEVER again will I have a pizza in America. And never again will I have gelato in the America either, its not the same. I now know the powers of the kitchen and will never eat like a normal person again. (Altough sometimes an In-N-out sounds real good.)

I do have to say, that the people here in this town take their food a little too seriously though. Pranzo (their lunch) hours here last from 1:30-5:30. The streets are dead. The shops are closed. NO body wants to talk to you. Its like too much. You walk outside in the middle of the day in the dead heat and its like zombie apocalypse weird stuff.

Sorella M. and I have been so incredibly led by the Spirit this week, I gotta say it. I think its because we have been working so hard. Its starting to pay off. Last Saturday we went out here and there in the day and at night we had a "mostra" with our Anziani, which is were we set up posters in the middle of a pedestrian street thing and talk to people, we got 7 numbers. 7 numbers in one day! By Saturday night we had 15 potentials and 4 investigators. And yesterday we got 3 more investigators. I cant believe it! All this work has finally come to something and we've made good work for ourselves.

One of our investigators is A. M. Im way stoked about her. Anziano F. found her but really felt like wed work with her best so he passed her to us. Yesterday we met up with her and woooo-eee shes GREAT! She took us in and fed us gelato and told us all about her two brothers who are in Rome and are Mormons! Who would have thought? Shes so interested about our church. We taught her the Restoration and she ate it up.

So we got two Italian Anziani in our district write? And you all know how I still struggle with Italian right? Well, I think one of our Anziani, Anziano F, might be an answer to my prayers. On Sunday he came up to me and said "I wanna help you out, I got an idea". So we all talked and he decided we should have a district Italian study group for Language study twice a week to help us. So far, its really really helping. Thought that was cool.


Ugghhh. Well ugh, I think thats all I gotta say for this one. CIAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment