Thursday, April 4, 2013

Puzzo! (Week 2)

ITALIAN: Okay, this Italian thing is fantastic. I just love it so much. Um I still don't understand it really but I still love it a lot. You know they give you like these fake investigators (that are usually one of my three teachers) that you practice teaching on. It's really something else to have somebody ask you a question and they just look you square in the eye and you have NO idea what they just said! OH! Non capisco, non capisco. But I am improving I am getting better. Slowly but surely! Which is good, no? After every class I'm mentally working so hard that my brain feels like an over cooked noodle. It's really not that difficult for me and all these kids to get pumped on going to Rome in 4 weeks. Also, we got a new teacher/investigator named Sorella Fair from Orem Utah and she is the best thing that has ever happened to me. You guys, I wish she was my best friend! She's so good at teaching I actually understand her and when shes our investigator she's great. One time she closed the door on us... perfetto. It's good practice for the real world I guess. My companion and I got a good laugh ahha.

COMPANION: Sorella F. is a dream! Like seriously what a blessing. Her and I are best buds! She truly is Sister Happy. We're kind of like polar opposites, she's a mormon from SLC with love blonde hair (I love it) and I'm a Mormon from LA with hardly no hair. SO great! Okay, we're kinda polar opposites but we can always always find something to laugh about, or wrestle each other and we LOVE making jokes that don't make sense in Italian. Wanna hear one? One word: Puzzo. 

MTC: A goal that my companion and I have is to practice contacting people here at the MTC and practice bearing our testimonies with the random the Sorelle e Anziani here at the MTC. So in all, we get to talk to a bunch of random people and of course they tell us where they're going and sometimes they bare their testimony back to us in their language. It is so inspiring. Kids from Africa, all over Europe and the US Canada, South America going all over the world. Yesterday we talked to kids going to a country where they speak Mong. What even is Mong? And this morning my companion and I met two boys leaving the MTC going to east Africa speaking Portuguese. It's just incredible, the church is true guys. And the gospel of Jesus Christ really is going to every kindred, tounge, and people. I'm watching a prophecy be fulfilled and I'm a part of it! Horrah! 

Easter was just great. We had two amazing devotionals from General Authorities and a testimony meeting with our district. I had a mental breakdown on Easter, it was bound to happen. This mission business is crazy hard and I just need help (missin the fam, missing being Aud, not understanding Italian, and not able to have a second to myself to even breathe) and I need it from above. So I just went into a bathroom stall closed the door and got on my knees in that nasty dirty filthy floor and prayed for 30 mintues and balled my eyes out. I prayed for strength and I fasted that day. Ever since then I have felt my prayers answered, I have felt unbelievable strength. I feel like I can do this. I can do anything! I'm sure all of your prayers helped that too. I can't thank you enough for those prayers I really need them. But don't think that I'm like dying over here, I'm good, I'm happy it's just a struggle sometimes. You know.

FOOD: Much better. I'm not as sick anymore. 

Thanks again for keeping in your prayers and writing me letters, I can't tell you how much it all means to me. I can't really express it! My testimony is growing like never before, and so is my Italian. I'm learning so much about myself and my Savior. I love being a missionary. VI VOGLIO BENE!

Sorella Jobella

Tanner: The Russians are everywhere no joke. You're going to be in good company.
Becca: You're the sweetest! Thank you for you package. I honestly shed tears of joy over that. I needed it big time. You're dear elders are my strength, grazie bella. viva italia!
Leigh: Write me! I sent you a letter when I first got here but I'm just dying to know how you are.

P.S. Not to freak dad out or anything but my teacher Sorella Urban, served in rome and she said that you have to tell everyone that you have a man back home that you're going to marry. she told all the girls too lie about it and keep a picture of you and guy and lie and tell them you're going to marry him back home. Apparently the Italians try to set you up and ask you out a lot haha. Good stuff right? Awkward moments ahead.









No comments:

Post a Comment