Thursday, March 28, 2013

I Survived! (Week 1)

Okay, well maybe nobody warned me or maybe they did, but yeah the first week in the MTC is kinda nutzo. They really know how to lay it on ya right when you get here. Right as I got my suitcases in my room they took me to my classroom with my district and our teacher Fratello C., just started going on in the lesson in Italian and everyone understood what he was saying! WHAT?! My district is really fun, really loud, and really smart and more than half of them have taken Italian before. It's intimidating but I kind of like it because it pushes me, and luckily they're all real nice and they're all patient with me. 

I love Italian. I love Italian soo much it hurts. I don't think I have ever wanted anything more in my life than to be able to speak that language. Our teacher is from Milan Italy (and Scott McGrath's roommate oddly enough) and speaks beautiful Italian. (Mom, I now know what you mean by the whole Italian-men-language thing.) 

Our zone is awesome. All these kids are so exited about Italy and what's happening church-wise in that country right now with the temple and all that. When we're all in one room you can feel the energy! I love it! Everyone's got such strong testimonies.

There are A LOT of sisters, cute cute sorelle and I love them all. It's really fun to have so many sorelle around! Italian is pretty easy to have fun with. My companion is a dream, her name is Sorelle F. She's perfect and just right for me. We're both young, and not as advanced in the language and more goofy than the rest.

The spirit here is inspiring. You know when you're so happy that you feel like you're on the verge of tears? That's how I feel 24/7. I know I'm doing the right thing. And I love my tag so much. I don't ever want to take it off. Not even when I shower or sleep and such haha.

Just a little update on the Provo MTC: there are 3,400 right now. The max is 3,000. We're living in Elders dorms. AND by May/June the MTC will have 8,000. I'll be barely missing the heat. SHEESH! What are they going to do with all these missionaries!? Poor kids. (Tanner, and Becca watch out, okay?)

Even though it's all awesome and whatnot, nobody here get's my sense of humor or my quirks they just look at me like I'm a koo-koo and they don't laugh, which blows because I need the laughs to brake up the intense-ness of the MTC you know?

The food here has made me really really sick. I've lost 5 pounds in less than one week. I don't want to eat anymore. Ohhhh mercy.

There are SO MANY kids going to the Quebec/Montreal French speaking mission. Dad, it makes me so proud of you because it's because of you and the missionaries that you served with that it's possible for all these amazing missionaries to be flooding that area. It gives me chills.

Thank you for you prayers, I really really need them and I most especially need it for my language. I'm doing okay in just about everything but that. I need help. Serious help. 

I love you all more than you can possibly know, I have all of these cute pictures of my family seriously everywhere in my part of the room. It keeps me going throughout the day and I keep looking at the cute picture books that Eleanor and Lorraine made. Man, I have the best family in the entire world. I'm so blessed.

Overall, I'm really happy. My heart is full.

Love you all,

Sorella Jobella

p.s. during gym time I play four sqaure with my new friends. They're all from Europe: England, Norway, and Finland going to Greece. I love it because we're both going to places where the original Apostles went after the death of Jesus. We're all so exited. Io so che la chiesa e vero!

Oh and I can't figure out how to send pictures. Hopefully next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment