Thursday, March 20, 2014

Plum Cake 3/3/14

Im in heaven. I think I reached the ultimate peak of my mission. 

1) I speak Italian. And Ive finally started getting the grammar down good. Every day Im told I speak well and Italians dont lie, if you dont speak well they will tell you to your face. In church a member told me that I spoke so well he thought I was a local if he didnt see me. Also, I know the culture of Italians real well. I understand it and I know how to work with it - no problem.

2) I got the mission. I know how it works and I know how to be a good and effective missionary.

3). MY COMPANION. Is straight pure gold. You guys, Sorella V is a dream companion. I could just rant and rant about how cool she is. Yeah, we are super different, but we are actually not thaaaat different. She plays the harp! haha yeah thats right - SHE plays the harp. Also, were both just happy go lucky positive people and(we laugh easy about all things really) were both particularly weird about stuff. She had to wear her pearls and have her floor cleaned and mopped. I have to have my nails trimmed short and my bed perfectly made. We laugh at each others meticulous weirdness. But it works. This week Ive seen my companions true colors. In our DDM our district leader, Anziano D (who is a stellar district leader and missionary) challenged us all to be 100% obedient this week. My companion.... my little greenie is so not tired from the mission and so untainted she has no "wicked traditions of their fathers). Shes so moldable! This week weve just been killin it 95-100% obedience no problem. Im loving it. Sorella V is really cool. Shes super put together, she was a kindergarden teacher and had a job she was also practically engaged to a really cool guy. Shes also almost 24. So when she decided to go on a mission she really decided to go on a mission and shes giving it her all. She cant speak awesome, but she tries and is fearless even thought she cant speak awesome. Shes not afraid to talk to the gents on the street.

Another cool thing about my companion was that she was inactive for a few years and the thing that got her back was a friend of hers that actually served in the Italy Rome mission she introduced her to geneology work. So Sorella V got started with geneology work and fell in love with the spirit of it, it got her back into the church. But whats really cool is that her ancestors are Italian! She is Italian, her great grandpa is from Bari. Shes done over 2,000 names* for her Italian ancestors. Cool, huh? 

Anyway. Saw some rad miracles this week. We were talking to people on the street and we stopped this woman and told her about our free english course. She was super interested and then she realized we were mormons, she told us that she had a friend who was a mormon! Then she said something like "you guys come to peoples houses and teach them about religion right? My daughter is 7 and doesnt know how to pray, can you come and teach her?" My jaw hit the floor. So now we are teaching a family the gospel. S, M, C and M. Theyre gold and searching for the truth. Not only that, they love each other they are a strong family and are super put together. I couldnt be happier. Pray for S!

Alls well over here, Im praying for all of you personally. I love you all so much.

your sis,
Sorella Jobella

*Many members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints do genealogy work so that they can perform ordinances for those who have died, so that they can still have the option to accept or reject the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The ordinances are: baptism, confirmation of the Holy Ghost, priesthood ordination for males, initiatory ordinances, endowment, and sealings.

Here and here are some more information!



my companion getting attacked by a kid in our mostra... highlight of the week when we were tracting a few miles from home and got stuck in pouring rain with no umbrellas or anything. sorella vickers got a taste of the real mission life and laughed seriously so hard as the rain just poured down her face and smeared her makeup! haha. goood stuff.



my friends the nunnies....

so tiny. so cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment