On Thursday night I woke up with the hole apartment shaking and rattling with wind. Friday morning I woke up and went outside to see a camel colored sky! The winds had blown over from African and covered my city with African sand. For the past 3 days its been raining African sand. Ive seen nothing but the color tan.
The sea was WILD! absolutely wild. It was like what you see in movies. The sea here is calm and practically wave-less but this was like HUGE waves dashing on the walls of the city. It was super fun! Sorella A and I enjoyed it...
I spent about 3 days in another zone this week. It was such a weird city! Every Italian city has its own flavor and color, thats something that I really love. First area was green, second was tan, third is white, and this other city is... is grey. Its this old city thats just covered in soot! Everything is very 1800s. I imagine it was bumping 200 years ago.
Anyway, my time there was fantastic. The missionaries in the other zone are so rad. I kinda feel as though everyone cool in the this mission is in one zone - my zone. It was so great to be with everyone there. I met the senior couple the C's. And that was probably the hightlight of my week! I sat and talked with Sorella C for an hour! Shes beautiful, and super charesmatic, and a military wife (she and her husband are senior couples on the military base in the zone). Shes lived in 29 different places and at the same time has a super sucessful career of being a marriage and family councilor. How cool is that? It was great. I asked a bunch of questions about life, she gave some pretty great advice. Then she called mom! YEAHHH! She said it was a good chat.
The work is slow as a slug, the district has been trying like crazy to pick it up but its coming slow. We got 2 new investigators this week, I hope they come into something. Im good at finding people, having conversations on the street, but getting people progressing is super hard. We got a new investigator, M, whos like 30 and lives in
the ancient part of the city, the island). Hes an artist and doesnt know what to think of God. Im crossing my fingers. Our investigator A has been really rude to us lately. AYE-YAA! Vediamo.
Anyway, alls well! We got Zone Conference this week and a "blitz" in Enna with all the missionaries. Im playing harp for Zone Conf, should be a good time.
I love you all so much,
Sorella Jobella
this is the crazy sea, the rain was pelting me in the face!
through these trees you can see some chunks of the greek city walls,
with the palazzi on top
me practicing at home, i practice on a bucket im too tall, chairs are too much



No comments:
Post a Comment