Tuesday, February 18, 2014

1/27/14

This was one heck of a ridiculous week. But we saw many miracles, and for that I am gratefull. This week we just put our nose to the grind and worked HARD. We pushed every second and talked to every person we could. Somehow, it worked! We got tons of fantastic deep conversations with people just on the street, and lots of potentials to work with.

Remember the investigator A? I finally made a break through with him! YES! We had a lesson, in which he called me a simple person. BUT he felt the spirit. At the end he prayed and he cried and thanked God for the sister missionaries and expressed his desire to change. But of course, he didnt come to church.

On the flip side, we met this one man named S, whos about 60. S and I talked on the street a bit. Obviously he liked our conversation because he introduced me to his wife and daughter in law. He came to church, S came to church! He came and loved it. He absolutely ate it up and was so welcomed. He told me that I made a good impression on his wife and that he wants us to meet the rest of his family. Aww yee.

So heres the deal: pray hard, work hard, have your heart in the right place and BAM - miracles. Miracles right and left. All this time here Ive praying wed 1. soften A's heart. 2. Meet people we needed to meet. and 3. Have at least one simp progressing and coming to church. All were met this week.

Oh yeah, I have a good birthday. We went to an ancient greek ampetheater and hung out with some italians and the Anziani. Todays Pday was even better though, us sisters went to the sea and sat on the rocks and collected sea shells and sea glass and ate paninis together. It was over cast, but I could have cared less! Wheres theres sea, Im home.

Also Italian. Its been coming so SO good lately. What in the world? Ive been so blessed! Its weird too, this week Ive noticed that I think in Italian. Weird right? My thoughts are in Italian. Also when I speak English Italian words come out sometimes. ha. I love it. I still have a heavy American accent, but thatll never leave me. Im american to core (or so they say).

Learning humility this transfer has been real tough. But good. Thats about all that ill say on that.

Love you all,
Sorella Jobella

photos
the first three are from the greek theater







the anziani in the ancient greek crypt
this is me and sorella p, shes a REAL good friend of mine out here in italy





more from the beach today





No comments:

Post a Comment