I may have failed to mention that my really good friend out here, Sorella Mike got an emergency transfer call too, to another area, close to my new area. So I got the entire trip down with her - honestly it was the best. We had some really good chats and we took a feery and we just had the time of our lives. It was seriously a blast and the veiws were incredible. Just incredible! Ahh. Sometimes I feel like not a missionary when I see where Im at. I gotta pinch myself.
I arrived in my new area and the air was warm and salty wet. OHHHHH YES! It was like I was home. This place is nothing like what I expected. Its a lot cleaner, and a lot classier. And there are actually a lot more Italians than I thought. (Thinking there would be more middle eastern and Africans). Everything is different here. Its hilly, warm and beachy. The people here look different, eat different, and speak different. Close your eyes and imagine someone speaking Italian passionately with a Scottish accent. Thats what it is! The accent here is straight up Scottish! It kinda freaks me out. Everybodys got pointy downward noses and dark eyes. I love it.
It is unreal gorgeous here. In random parts of the tiny town its blocked off with these huge ancient Greek ruins! Like just huge chunks of ancient Greek City right in the middle of the town it all the Fiats and smart cars and vespas going by. I cant wrap my head around the coolness.
They have the best gelato and granita. Kill me now.
Ive never not opened a city. Its so cool having a companion take me around who knows the block. Its so easy! So nice. Its a treat. Truly. My companion, Sorella A is a dream. 110% DREAM. Like we hit it off right away and were good friends already. And I know exactly why she was struggling in her last transfer, and I totally understand. Its going to be fantastic serving with her. Shes from Utah and a total babe. Thin, dark hair with light eyes. Oh man! Whats with me and getting babe companions? Ayeeee. She likes to travel (shes been
everywhere) and take fun pictures. Ive never met a funnier person in my life. Ive never laughed so hard in my entire mission than these past 3 days. Last night I wet my pants laughing. BBUUUT she also works really hard. Shes got this killer attitude of "work hard, party hard". I eat it up.
Sunday was hilarious. I forgot my gluten free bread so I didnt take the bread part of the Sacrament and when I took the water the deacon freaked out on me and everyone was looking. I was trying to explain that I have an intolerance to flour! haha. Made me look sketch. THEN, Saturday night we were preaching the word and we met this African guy from Gambia and we invted him to church. Well, he showed up with 3 friends. So I hope everyone doesnt get totally weirded out by me bringing 4 African dudes and not taking the Sacrament in my first Sunday. Whoops.
I cant believe Christmas is in 2 days, it doesnt feel like it at all. I thought Italians would get real into it but they kinda dont! Im slightly dissapointed. Also, the packages didnt make it to me for some reason so Ill wrap myself up a bottle of Aranciata to open Christmas day! I keep forgeting its here. I cant wait to see you all. Im stoked. But I promised mom 15 minutes of just us time. Va bene? Siamo daccordo? Eyy.
love,
Sorella Jobella
the pictures of us at the processional for santa lucia i got a video
of the catholic prayer chants and the music and dancing as they
carried the golden lucia through down. little kids were lifted up to
kiss the statue. so italy. we bought a spongebob who now hangs on our
ceiling.
the bari sorelle and Slla Mitz saying goodbye at the station (thats
Mike next to me)
from the feery coming to messina sicily. the sky here is so big and
open and the clouds are full and fluffy.
No comments:
Post a Comment