Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Got Me a Harp 12/9/13

You know in cartoons when they get hit in the head and they see little birdies and stars going in circles around the head? Thats good old Sorella Jobella this week. No lie.

It started out with Bari. We went down to Bari to do a scambie with the sisters and for zone conference. I met with President the night before Conference and he handed me my harp and said "Merry Christmas!" and just started laughing so hard, I like Pres. I opened the harp case and there it was inside! All wrapped up in plastic - brand new. I immediately tuned that puppy and got the strings going and oh the joy. THE JOY! It was so beautiful I wept. No lie. It was like getting a piece of my soul back! Suddenly all the primary kids were circling
around me and I couldnt remember anything it was slightly embarassing, but I could manage to plunk out Silent Night and they loved it. Thats what its all about! Thank you mom and dad for making that possible. It means the world to me, thank you. I feel like words are so empty, just know that I really mean that thank you.

Things with AR are going beautiful. Shes progressing well and quickly. She came to church and liked it. Shes reading the Book of Mormon and feeling the Spirit, and understanding the lessons. Its awesome when we teach her something and I can tell in her face that she had an ah-ha moment. Its the best. Just the best! Ugh. Her art project is going well and she loves it. Oh! She also did an art project and was displayed in old town. her project was supposed to represent the center, the energy of the human soul. It was pretty rad, I have to say.

On Sunday I pulled R aside in the hall of church and gave her the congratualtions on your baptism card mom sent me. She opened it and had this huge smile on her face. It was in English so I started translating for her into Italian, when she heard the words she just started tearing up, then she started crying. After I finished she just looked at me . with her sweet teary eyes and said "Grazie. Grazie.". She said "its these things that make like beautiful!" as she shook moms card in her hand. "Its these things that are the valuable things, not the material things! They just dont matter like things like this!" And she grabbed me and bached my cheeks good and hugged me for a long time. Mom, you are the best.

Man, I got the coolest parents ever. Thanks mom and dad.

I love you all,
Sorella Jobella




No comments:

Post a Comment