The coolest thing was that it felt like home. For some reason, Presidente N and his wife just kinda feel like mom and dad and their kids just felt like friends and my district IS truly my family here. I was sitting eating all this food looking around at everyone around the huge table and for the first time in my mission it truly truly felt like I was sitting at home it was the same spirit. It felt good.
Easter was just an incredibly spiritual day for me. Never in my entire life had I ever felt the spirit of Easter like that, and felt Jesus so close to me. You guys, Jesus was with me! I just cant describe it. And me sitting here in the church building at the computer typing this thousands of miles away just cant do its justice. Just take my word for it. Jesus was with me on Easter day. I know that Christ lives.
This week was the best week Ive had in a long while. We kicked it in the shorts and saw tons of miracles.
For one, the ward is doing better. We've been focusing on the members and they're a little happier when they come to church. This Sunday the new Bishop is being called. I know its bad to say, but I cant wait. Im sure the other missionaries and some of the ward members feel the same.
Secondly, N our 16 year old investigator is growin her faith. She fasted with her best friend E whos a member and all six of us missionaries for a full 24 hours! She felt the Spirit in church for Easter. I think shell come around and talk to her mom and tell her wants to be baptized soon.
Then, we were finally able to meet with D. She knows the church is true. We had an incredible lesson with her and she just knew. She had tons of questions for us at first but we sat and prayed and opened to Moroni 7 and each one of her questions were answered.
The coolest experience happened this week though! Get this. Friday evening nobody wanted to see us because they were with their family on vacation. V and I prayed to know what to do and where to go. I didnt get a response but V did! She got the answer to go to the hospital. So I buckles on my sandals and we went! We headed up to the fourth floor by inspiration and we said a prayer that we would know who it was that we needed to be there for so we decided to do a quick sweep of the floor peek in all the rooms and see if it was anyone. So we did just that and on our way out leaving, we looked in a room and saw this cute African kid. I turned around and looked at V and we just both had the look to go in and talk to him we didnt even need words. So quickly I walked in there and asked the kid where he was from in Italian and he just gave me a blank stare and didnt understand anything. "Where are you from?" I said in my clearest English. "Nigeria" he said in a super super quiet voice. "Thats great, I got tons of friends from Nigeria."
So basically long story short, we found this boy in the hospital solely from the Spirit. Come to find out hes 16 years old and ran away from home because of all the suffering. So he came here and they put him in the camp but theres no food from them (Thanks corrupt Mafia, we really owe you one.) So A got severe dehydration and lost the use of his arms and legs and back. He seriously couldnt move at all and hed only been in Italy for 11 days.
Immediately I got the doctor in the room with him and started translating and figuring out how we could help him. It was truly one of the coolest experiences Ive had on the mission. We left him with a pamphlet and said a prayer with him. He laid in his bed and just breathed deeply with his eyes closed, it was like he was really communicating with God.
So we left him with a pamplet and came back the next day with the *Anziani so they could teach him. We brought him clothes and a chocolate egg for Easter. Oh man he just lit up! It was the best. I asked him if he read the pamphlet and he said he read it twice! Haha. The following day we returned, we had left him with the Book of Mormon and A already finished 1st Nephi. This kid is incredible. When We taught him a lesson he told us his story "I cant believe Im still alive" he kept saying. On his way to Italy he was stranded in a bus for 3 days with out food or water, was put in prison in Libia for 2 week without food and when they paid the police to let them out, he got on a boat to malta but it capsized and he was stranded in the sea for 2 days. His eyes welled up with tears when he told us. All four of us missionaries were in chairs hoovering over his bed - all of us could feel Gods love for him.
God heard A's prayers and sent Sorella V and I to find him. I love that boy so much. Its the coolest being a missionary with this tag on, we are so blessed to have the ablility to see others through Christs eyes and to feel His love for others and serve them with our hearts. Thats what the gospel is all about.
I love you all,
Sorella Jobella
*lunch hours
*elders, or male missionaries
me and the other sister is sorella mwho was trained with me. now that im stl i get to tour the zone and scambi with the sisters and I got to do one with her. it was rad to see how much weve grown, she is the coolest! im happy.
the little black boy from africa on my lap (im breaking rules) is an adopted kid in our ward he put flowers in his hair, the picture of us sisters are us with our chocolate eggs
this is our pasquetta festa (holiday after easter) with the ward which means everyone plays soccer and eats food and then you just kinda watch soccer... hahaha
members
the sisters and the little group of young women that we got












No comments:
Post a Comment