Tuesday, July 16, 2013

(Week 13)

Its been a good one.
F. and L. want to be baptized in the Mediteranian on 19th! Yes! I dont know how its all happened. But all I can say, that its not us - Lo Spirito Santo. 100%. Also, we had 5 investigators in church, and 6 new investigators. It seems like things are starting to roll forward. I cant believe that 8 weeks ago Sorella W. and I opened up this city and weve worked real hard. Now its starting to move. It gives me jitters in my tummy! Im so happy and so exited.
Last night we had dinner with a member in our ward, C. Shes American. She came here on an archiological dig and met her husband who is Italian and they live in Paestum (Where the greek temples are). We got to their house it was right on the water. So all of us, 7 missionaries went for a walk with her to the sea and it was incredible. I got to put my toes in the sea! Isnt that so awesome? Oh man. The water was so warm and the sand was extremely soft. Italy is so chaming. As I had my toes in the sand I turned around and saw a castle right on the hill. No-wonder C. didnt go back!
Im still struggling with this language. I understand much more than I can speak, but I dont have a lot of the skills to say what I need back. Its hard. And practicing speaking is hard because we speak English in the house. Ehh. Nevertheless I feel the spirit so so strong. All the time. Its like a fire of warm love in my chest all the time. I am thirsting just thirsting for scriptures and studying the gospel. Our personal study time (one hour) is not enough. Ive been out for three months and Ive read the Book of Mormon twice already and I still want more. I think having the spirit so strong is worth the struggle of Italian. It keeps me pushing. It keeps me going.
In our district meeting on Monday, Sorella M. shared a fantastic spiritual thought. She told us that while she was in the MTC they had Elder Nelson come speak to them and she said that as promised in D&C 84:88 we will have angels round about us to lift us up, and that we can pray specifically for our ancestors by name to help us or pray for a characteristic we need help with that day from our ancestors. Well, since then Ive been praying for Grandma Mary and Grandpa Norm to help me out with the qualities that I have been needing help on. And I can tell you, that Ive felt both of them so so near to me. Its incredible. It makes me get teary.
Anyway, Im well. Im good. I cant complain about anything. Im so stinkin blessed. And so stinkin undeserving! haha. Im a rat. You all know it. But Im trying. And maybe by the end of this mission I wont be half the rat I used to be.
All my love, Sorella R.

No comments:

Post a Comment